Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011

Arrogance & Firepower - Second glimpse at Dark Eldar

Hi there,

so, last weekend I played my second tournament with the DE. The first one wasn´t too successful *cough*, I only made one out of three wins but I gained a lot in terms of understanding the army and synergies within. The second went way better with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss and made me rethink my whole concept.

I used to play a Saim-Hann army and loved how fast they were and how resilient through your Farseers and Holofields and stuff.DE are really fast too, but I doubted that speed alone would make up for the lack of staying power, until I remembered that the common fact of silencing guns in most cases is equal to destroying the tanks they´re mounted on. Despite the fact that our little friends from Commoragh have access to a huge range of str8 weaponry, they aren´t really good at actually popping tanks, but a reliable amount of glances and that 1 is all you need to give your forces time to move up to key positions to win the game. To decrease the amount of time you have to increase the speed of your forces.

That might be nothing new at all for most people, but I was too focused on a foot/hybrid-list with webwayportal to realize that in first place.
So, what I learned :
Raiders still suck.
WWP is still awesome, but I think it is most viable if you send just a few but dangerous units through it, like Scourges or Hellions.
Speed is key for my concept and because I don´t field Raiders(they really suck, you now) I use Venoms. At least 5 of them with various units inside, 3 Venoms with Cabalites + Blaster and Nightshield is a really good combination in my humble opinion.
Deployment and reserves are very important to maximize your advantages through your speed, even if you have one million darklances, you won´t blast your opponent off the table, create traps, shift from one table-edge to another, make them chasing you and leave them with nothing but a sad face.The best strategy is to make your opponent think, everything is going his way, and then crush him.Although that has to be executed flawlessly, for we are the glasshammer, you´ll be victorious if played correctly. I think, that is te Dark Eldar way.

take care

1 Kommentar:

  1. Jo jose, kannst du mir morgem nen space wolve codex mitnehmen? Waere echt deluxe hack!

    AntwortenLöschen