Sonntag, 22. August 2010

akl aftermath

Hi there,
I came back from a very nice tournemant yesterday night and was too exhausted to make an update. I made 7/26 and could almost smell the air of the 2nd.

It was 1250 points and I came with a shooty BA list, pred, Baal pred, dread with twin autocannon/twin las, 2 melta-attackbikes,2 las/plas razors, rhino with Libby, some assaultdudes, powerfist, melta, infernuspistol.

The first game I had against a Deathguard army.Prince, dread,defiler and lots of plaguemarines. Mission was 3 objectives. I set up and fired, he came towards me, nothing special there but thanks to my dice I just managed to make a draw.I always try to critize my own actions, tactics etc. but that was just ridiciulous.Ive never seen so many ones and twos,and I mostly roll a lot of them.However, enough whinig for now.

Second game I played against Orcs. 1 deffdread, 3 small dreads, 2 koptaz, battlewagon, and some other stuff I don´t really remember. Mission was killpoints. The emperor guided my fire and I tabled him turn 5.

Third game was against Chaos demons. Mission was 3 objectives. He fielded a bloodthirster, 5 bloodcrushers,3 flamers, that demon defiler thing, 5 plaguebearers, and some horrors. I deployed first, castled up and waited.He came down with his first wave, Thirster, defiler, crushers and flamers. Flamers mishaped, everything else came more or less on point.Turn 2 the action started. My attackbikes destroyed the defiler because I turboboosted them into the middle of the table in turn 1, the Thirster died by massive shooting and my dread charged the crushers.Although my opponent destroyed my dread in his cc-phase, I gained enough time to re-position, blast away the crushers and take the objectives.

Fourth game was against Quasar from my own gaming club.He played wolves. Awesome game.It was capture and control and dawn of war.We deployed facing each other because there was a huge rock in the middle of the table which blocked los entirely and I had faith in my long- and midrange firepower.
I can tell even if I don´t play against wolves often, I will never forget that thunderwolfcavallery has fleet.Until turn 3 everything went just fine but I made the mistake of becoming overzealous and lost my assaultforces within one round. I tried to manage a draw but he just beat the heck outta me in my back ranks, made a lot of invulsaves and blocked my pred off his marker.Very exhausting game with a lot of tension. At least the 2nd went to Kiel and Quasar really deserved it.

Oh I got carried away a little, but I hope you enjoy it,

take care

1 Kommentar:

  1. Top work fella loving the blog

    Iv set my own up

    www.bloodlove.co.uk - ps check it out if you have time :)

    AntwortenLöschen